It was a good year.
- January 2012: I moderated a CSPAN-televised online privacy panel held at the National Constitution Center.
- February 2012: We celebrated three years of Technically Philly.
- March 2012: I finally became an official member of the Pen and Pencil Club.
- April 2012: Invited to private roundtable discussion held in the Pulitzer Room at Columbia University on the next stage of news innovation academia, which resulted in this academic report released in November.
- April 2012: We hosted the second annual Philly Tech Week.
- May 2012: I designed and launched Ph.ly/newsweekly, as first discussed here.
- July 2012: After first hiring a reporter back in December, we hired another in Philly and our first in Philly.
- September 2012: After a July soft launch of Technically Baltimore, we more formally expanded by hosting the inaugural Baltimore Innovation Week.
- October 2012: A short profile of Philadelphia’s new Chief Data Officer was my first proper clip in a major regional print magazine. (I also landed another Temple Review feature.)