Four years later, I’m finishing this piece of archiving business.
A couple months ago, I announced I had moved my honors thesis to a subdomain of this site for the sake of organization and archiving. Following up on that resolution to make more tidy a rambling online portfolio, I have brought another dated, collection of work of which I am proud under this house.
A few things interested me from my work in 2006:
- Short, bad titles — The post headlines were all short and sometimes not even descriptive. I didn’t recognize then the importance.
- I wrote a lot — I far outpaced all of my fellow castmembers in output, which is great, but I could have made much of the content terser and more straightforward.
- I actually had comments — On many posts, I had a handful of comments. I haven’t transferred them… yet.
- I never linked — I didn’t have a single link to a past post.
- Photo albums, not in posts — Photos and the video episodes were never embedded. This is the one major change I’ve made, by incorporating them.
- Yes, I called posts ‘blogs’ — But that was 2006. What’s the excuse today?
- I learned and experienced so damn much — I interacted with an audience and explored and created multimedia, but ultimately, I was just a young kid learning. ..And what a clear stepping stone toward the WDSTL podcast I did while in Western Europe.