It recently occurred to me that there are a handful of Internet memes that I just can’t shake, and why wouldn’t I share them on April Fool’s Day.
Though memes are meant to come and go, there are some I find myself going back to enjoy again and sharing with anyone who will listen. Here are some of them.
- The Spider picture email — It was 2008, when the exchange between a man and a utility company got me laughing.
- Alien Contact How-to Infographic — Finally, the step-by-step infographic on what to do if you’re the first to make contact with an alien. Launched in 2010, I share this endlessly with friends.
- Youarelistening.to/Philadelphia — Started in early 2011 with Los Angeles, a developer mashed up city police radio with ambient electronic music. When I’m writing, I find myself often listening to Philadelphia’s.
- Hoodrat stuff with my friends — Also in 2008, a seven-year-old took a joyride with his grandmother’s car and had a memorable interview with the TV news.
- Ain’t nobody got time for that — The finest of the autotune-the-news, which is a wonderful meme that has its way of poking fun at the man-on-the-street style of TV news.
- Stupid Fucking Cat — Last year, among my favorite