But first: yesterday I shared my best read posts of 2009. Because ultimately I’m a freelancer, I thought I ought to share my best clips of the year, if only to satisfy my concern that 2009 was all for naught.
See my portfolio here.
Meaning they must have met a good portion of the four reasons a freelancer would write a story, below I list the best one or two clips from each calendar month of 2009:
- Columbia Journalism Review: How Vice President Rendell makes me want to be a journalist 14Jan09
- CampusProgress.org: the Obama inauguration’s young audience 16Jan09
- Inquirer: Zurich bicycle-trip personal essay 01Feb09
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Why losing a job can hurt men more 04Feb09
- Inquirer: Live, from the Northeast – it’s theater 22Mar09
- WHYY: Joe Frazier wants his whole story told 21Apr09
- SportsIllustrated.com: Smokin’ Joe Frazier’s feud with Muhammad Ali cools 24Apr09
- Inquirer: Dogs call for a neighborhood in change 20May09
- Grid magazine: Philadelphia factories are repurposed sustainably 23Jun09
- Technically Philly: Daniel Delaney of Vendr.TV 07Jul09
- Metro: Nutter warns of a Doomsday Plan C budget 04Aug09
- Metro: North Philly teen who duct-taped cat has background of violence 30Sep09
- Philadelphia Wedding: Old boyfriends make bad guests 05Oct09
- Metro: A Yankees fan roaming Center City 29Oct09
- City Paper: Chris Bartlett, Gay History Wiki and preserving a community 26Nov09
- NEast Philly: New Frankford Community Y investors a no-show at Civic meeting 04Dec09
See all of my clips here. Otherwise, I’ve plowed through more than 220 articles and posts for Technically Philly, and 75 for NEast Philly.