I’ve decided to do my New Year’s Resolutions by month this year for two reasons. For one, I can accomplish more with more specific, better timed goals. I also can look back at more concrete accomplishments than broad year-long hopes.
They are simpler but better appreciated, I think. I also intend to start them in the signified month, but, if they carry-over, to continue them throughout the year.
Below, see what I’m hoping to do, month by month.
- January – Pitch a single story idea to an editor every single day.
- February – Start a running routine for the Broad Street Run, and follow it.
- March – Decide where to live. Do I want to and can I buy? Where do I want to be during the summer?
- April – Have a magazine pitch accepted
- May – Complete the Broad Street Run
- June – Participate in at least one stand up open mic.
- July – Have a BBQ potluck for July 4
- August – Take one trip somewhere.
- September – Join a community group wherever I am livng.
- October – Monetize one online side project: GrownAss, WDSTL, Hip-hop, or other.
- November – Participate in Novel Writing Month
- December – Month of reflection. Write resolutions for 2010.