When: Oct. 6, 6 p.m.
Earlier this month, we announced Switch Philly, a new business presentation event where five local companies will each offer entertaining seven-minute demos of their new products. Find TP coverage of our event here.
The event will be held Oct. 6, 2010 at 6 p.m. inside the Levitt Auditorium of the University of the Arts at Broad and Pine streets in Center City Philadelphia. Tickets for $9 can be purchased here — which helps us throw on the event, have others in the future and supports a niche news effort.
Much of the coverage goes to my colleague Sean Blanda, who is leading this initiative for TP.
The presenting companies at the inaugural Switch will be the following:
- Azavea, the GIS-software firm based in the Callowhill neighborhood, will present sustainably-minded mapping and direction application CommonSpace.
- P’unk Ave, the Passyunk Square-based web development company, will share innovative content management system Apostrophe.
- Orpheus Media Research, the Old City tonal research project, will share music comparison software Myna.
- Zecvozi, the stealth Northern Liberties sustainability tracking company, will launch at the event.
- Packlate, the West Conshohocken discount vacation planning startup, will share its new deal-finding search engine.
Find the official press release here [PDF].